Welcome to an Awesome Life

If you love coffee and food, and appreciate dry humour and childish antics then we're off to a good start. If you are interested traveling, DIY, home remedies, and random nonsense to you I say: Welcome :-) And I suggest you start by reading About Me to see if you'll want to punch me or not before continuing. I hope you enjoy!

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Day 13: My Favourite Movies

In light of the post about my current TV obsessions, I decided not to say much about my favourite movies. Short and simple, right? Right. Okay, here goes:



Camp Nowhere - A bunch of middle-class kids pretend to go to camp with their parents money and really just do stupid stuff all summer. Like roller blade off of ramps into the lake. Wearing a helmet with lit firecrackers strapped to it. How would I not love this?

Beauty and the Beast - Belle is an animal-loving bookworm who just wants out of her small town. Need I say more about why I love this one?

Back to The Future- In reality I enjoyed them all, but the first was definitely the best.

Elf - The movie that made me finally appreciate Will Ferrell. Also the only Christmas movie I am allowed to watch any time of the year. We once named a Betta fish 'Fransisco' because of this movie.

National Lampoons Christmas Vacation - Can't have Christmas without it... at least twice. Fact.

The Nightmare Before Christmas - Tim Burton is brilliant. Honestly.

Willy Wonka & The Chocolate Factory - The original. Johnny Depp is amazing and all, but the original has my heart. Call it nostalgia.

Jurassic Park - I remember watching this movie over and over as a child for two reasons: I love dinosaurs and this movie was really loud in the home theater my dad put in his basement. It shook the entire house, and it was awesome. RAWR!

Lost World - The dinosaur on the loose on mainland hahahahaha it makes me laugh every time.

The first 3 American Pie movies & American Reunion - The Stifmeister, and all of this one-liners... and that ridiculous laugh. I think I need to go put on some American Pie now...

Eurotrip - The source of many things I say on the regular: "Error", "buon giorno", "mi scuzi", "Miami Wice",  "Ah, Berlin", "For shame!" and "Hapi Djus!" come to mind at the moment. It's even the source of what I call Mike 90% of the time: "Mieke". My life wouldn't be my life without this movie.

The Chronicles of Narnia (mostly The Lion, The Witch & The Wardrobe). They did a good job at making the books come to life, mostly sticking to the original stories. That doesn't happen too often.

Vicki Cristina Barcelona - I don't really know why I love this movie, I just do. Maybe it's Spain, maybe it's the adventure, maybe it's just the beautiful accents of Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz. It has a rating of 7.2 on IMDb, so I'm clearly not the only fan.  




And there you have it. What are your all-time favourite flicks? 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment