Welcome to an Awesome Life

If you love coffee and food, and appreciate dry humour and childish antics then we're off to a good start. If you are interested traveling, DIY, home remedies, and random nonsense to you I say: Welcome :-) And I suggest you start by reading About Me to see if you'll want to punch me or not before continuing. I hope you enjoy!

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Day 11: Current TV Obsessions

This post took quite a bit more time than I'd originally anticipated. I really thought that this was going to be a short task, completed without too much time being spent pondering it. Wrong. Instead, I found myself analyzing my choice of shows and in what category I would place them, both terms of what draws me to watch them and what keeps me returning. My list of shows turned out to be rather... uhm... long, I guess you could say. So I chose to narrow it down to just a few.

These are the shows that currently have me biting my nails until the next episode, in order starting with which plot takes up the most of my daydreaming:

1) Gossip Girl
I really didn't think that I'd ever be able to handle watching a show with a title like "Gossip Girl", but after many people suggesting I give it a shot, I did. While I don't think it's the best show ever made, I can't help but get sucked into the sarcasm and scheming of a very well-dressed and easy-on-the-eyes cast. It's a fast-paced, multi-layered, scandal-ridden guilty pleasure of mine with more than a hint of a dark side. And pretty shoes. 

2) Sons of Anarchy 
I think it's safe for me to say with total honesty that I consider SOA to be one of the best shows ever created. Ever. This show is incredible on so many levels from the writers and creaters all the way to the cast and crew, and definitely everyone in between. The fact that the creator couldn't get his message out in a typical 60-minute show and chose to do a 90-minute show instead just goes to show you how action-packed this show really is. So much happens in one episode that you'd be totally screwed if you missed just one episode. That kind of creativity doesn't come along everyday, so if you have never seen this show: I strongly recommend you give it a shot.

Be warned though - there are a lot of "immoral" things that take place on this show so if no-holds-barred manipulation, drugs, sex and violence offend you, I take back my recommendation. Don't say I didn't warn you! 
 

3) Dexter
Slight gore-factor and endless plot twists with a boat-load of sailor mouth, make Dexter a hit in my books. Deb is my favourite. She has the most epic potty mouth. Worse than me, by far! It kinda makes me feel less guilty about my own colourful language. Call me crazy, but Showtime knows how to bring it on in the face of the easily offended.  
 

4) The Walking Dead
Lots of blood, guts and gore. Lots. It's a good look at what would likely happen to civilization if the zombie apocalypse ever actually happened and I think that's what makes it such a favourite of so many. I never read the comic books, but the show is a big winner as far as I am concerned!

5) Person of Interest
I think I'm about ready to declare this show a nail-biter. On it's second season of vigilante crime-fighting, I can honestly say that I look forward to what happens next in this show. While it may not haunt my daydreams as much as the plots of the others (especially the first two!), I'm interested to see where they decide to take Person of Interest.



This was one of four lists I have for the shows that I watch. Time for an intervention, maybe? .... oops?...! 


What TV shows do you obsess over, maybe just a little more than you ought to?  



  

No comments:

Post a Comment