Welcome to an Awesome Life

If you love coffee and food, and appreciate dry humour and childish antics then we're off to a good start. If you are interested traveling, DIY, home remedies, and random nonsense to you I say: Welcome :-) And I suggest you start by reading About Me to see if you'll want to punch me or not before continuing. I hope you enjoy!

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Day 07: A Place I'd Like To Travel To

This was a nearly impossible one to pick. I spent almost a full day going over my mental list of places I'd like to visit, but one place kept popping into view: The Galapagos Islands. 

I first learned about the Galapagos Islands when I was in elementary school. I can't remember if I did a project, read certain books, or maybe even watched a National Geographic special, but I remember learning about their wildlife and thought it was incredibly fascinating. Giant Tortoises? A bird with the word "booby" in its name? I'm sold!

I decided to officially add it to my bucket list back in 2001 while watching an episode of the TV show Tall Ship Chronicles. For those of you who have never heard of it (oh, you're not a sailor, I see), it was a TV show that was filmed on an 18-month round-the-world journey on board the barque Picton Castle. One of the stops they made on their journey was the Galapagos Islands.

So, what actually attracted me to the idea? 
-They speak primarily Spanish (my favourite language!)
-They have giant tortoises:
Galapagos Tortoise
My (blurry) hand, holding a young tortoise (not a Galapagos!)  
- They have a bird called the Blue Footed Booby.
- And Penguins!!


Honestly, if I could go anywhere on Earth to photograph the wildlife, it would be the Galapagos Islands.




Where are some places that you'd love to visit? Why? Don't forget to leave your answer in the comments

 

No comments:

Post a Comment